Field Service Engineer
My client, the world’s largest manufacturer of medical devices and software for treating solutions for cancer and other medical conditions with radiotherapy, radiosurgery, proton therapy, and brachytherapy, is seeking a Field Service Engineer to join their team in France.
As a member of the Hardware Technical Support team, you will provide high level remote and onsite installation support to external customers utilizing our products. Interpersonal skills and technical product knowledge and expertise are critical to responding to daily customer-centric activities
- Assist external customers with front line technical questions on diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex electro/mechanical equipment, computer systems, complex software, or networked and/or wireless systems.
- Responds to customer product inquiries via telephone or in written internet-based email or chat sessions.
- Resolves customer concerns raised during installation, operation, and maintenance of product application or compatibility matters.
- Utilizes remote service applications to troubleshoot the most complex systems level hardware problems relating to the product suite and recommends corrective action.
- Analyzes and corrects moderately complex networking problems relating to bandwidth, administration and configuration.
- Documents customer information and recurring technical issues to support product quality programs and product development.
- Assist respective product engineering groups with proposed design changes and/or test design modifications.
- Investigate safety problems, incidents, and customer complaints; report them to the appropriate authority or department for proper handling.
- Uses the proper escalation procedures, updates status, and follows through to completion of the escalated task in accordance with established company policy.
- Applies customer management skills, technical expertise, and available resources to meet or exceed customer needs and expectations as measured through the Net Promoter Score.
- Maintains detailed electronic records of service interactions, including the technical problems encountered and parts employed to correct the problem.
- Processes all required service documentation and electronic reports in a timely manner.
- Participates in the development of new servicing techniques and the maintenance/creation of service documentation
- Bachelors degree with 2-5 years relevant Field Service experience
- Fluency in French and English, both written and verbal
- Familiar with business tools such as: E-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with SAP or equivalent ERP product and productivity software desired.
- Willingness to travel as required