Our client has a global presence and a goal to enable the analysis of any living thing, by any person, in any environment.
As a Bioinformatician you will have knowledge and experience in bioinformatics and statistics and ideally an understanding of the range and limitations of existing bioinformatics tools.
Key Competencies/ What is desired?
- A PhD degree in Computational Biology, Biomedical Sciences, Bioinformatics or related subject
- Four years plus relevant experience in the industry
- Comfortable handling large amounts of data
- You can develop Python scripts
- Comfortable with AWS
- Experience with workflow management systems like snakemake and software development practices e.g version control
Consider yourself favourably if:
- You are enthusiastic and comfortable in a dynamic environment
- Can you work both in a team and individually?
- You communicate clearly at all levels; you can get your thoughts, ideas and knowledge across in a helpful and clear way
- You enjoy both hands-on and theoretical work
- Your planning and organization skills allow you to have an overview of the necessary work and you are able to meet deadlines.