Software Installation Engineer
In this challenging role, you will be responsible for the on-site installations and upgrades of our oncology Information Systems and associated equipment. The job holder will have the opportunity to work remotely and travel around client customer sites in Italy, Spain, Portugal and France to perform on-site troubleshooting of company software. It is important that you have the ability to travel within Italy, Europe and Africa.
SW installers work more and more alone on site and should be independent and being able to solve different kinds of problems by themselves, there is a support structure that allows the Installer to ask for advice, help, or guidance at any time.
Key Skills Required
- You are in charge of remote tasks or on-site tasks, and this could change daily.
- When you will be assigned to an “on-site mission”, it will be most of the time from 1 to 5 days typically.
- Expect few hours per week for administrative tasks (Timecards, Work Orders, On-Line Training's, Technical reading, documentation update, technical data update, travels organization, etc.)
- Typical missions:
- SW (ARIA/Eclipse) Database tests upgrade and clinical Database upgrades + company Application deployment for radiotherapy department users.
- SW licenses update.
- SW Installations (may involve unpacking servers and workstations and installing them physically then deploying SWs on them). Can be complete installation of Servers rack + power supply + switch + keyboard/console + backup system + servers.
- Site preparation with customers (Active Directory or Network configuration), remote or on-site.
- Your biggest challenge will be to manage a complex clinical database upgrade of a radiotherapy department technically wise on-site facing a stressful situation with difficult customers including acceptance tests and having to adapt yourself and your agenda/technical tasks to any unexpected event in order to reach the clinical upgrade deadline agreed with the customer (treatment go live).
- Willing to travel for about 50% to 75% of the time mainly in Italy and occasionally in all EMEA plus Africa including the Maghreb.
- Practical knowledge in computer Architecture (Intel-based). Profound knowledge of Windows-based operating systems: Windows XP/Windows 7/Windows 10, Windows Server 2012/2016/2019. Understanding of Relational Database Management Systems and SQL Tools in conjunction with MSSQL database. Profound knowledge of IT Networking,
- Advanced knowledge of VMware vSphere virtualization systems and their maintenance plus management tools and Advanced knowledge of Citrix environment installation/management and configuration is an asset
- Field Service or Installation experience or IT experience preferably.
- Flexible and able to sustain stressful situations facing customers.
- You can reach a tight deadline, be result-oriented, and have great customer service skills.
- You have a computer science degree or similar and you are focus on IT software
- Very hands-on role and must be able to mount servers, Network switches, backup systems, etc. into racks, replace basic parts of computers like Hard disks, video cards but also, must be handy and ready to open boxes on-site and install systems from scratch if required.
Fluent in Italian and English (Fluent in Spanish, Portuguese, or French is considered as an asset).